Task 54 works towards a reduction of the purchase price of selected solar thermal systems up to 40% contrasted to applied reference systems. This goal shall be achieved by:
- Simplified system designs
- Less but innovative and cost-efficient materials
- Standardized components (e.g. collector, storage tank), subcomponents (e.g. connectors, casing parts) and installation
- Low production costs
- Plug & play systems for a simplified installation
- Reduced maintenance and operation costs
The research activities shall be specifically targeted at the needs and potentials of different markets and offer tailored solutions for affordable solar thermal systems at a competitive price.